Carbon Market InternshipsJunior | Part Time
Company Description 👋
AlliedOffsets has a unique mission: combine technology, data, and finance to bring radical transparency to carbon offsetting. We do this by creating innovative data products that help to improve transparency in the market. With 20,000+ projects in our database including details about the project, retirements, news, prices, forward curves, etc. Our current clients include brokers, buyers of credits, academia, consulting firms, public sector entities, and research organizations.
We are looking to build on our success to date by bringing in interns to help us advance our mission, and to promote mutual learning. We are a small startup, so joining the team now is an excellent opportunity for an individual to learn about what it takes to work in a fast-paced environment, wearing multiple hats, and ultimately making the world a better place. When there is a mutual fit, we can discuss inviting people to prolong their internship, or joining the team.
Role Description 🌳
This is an excellent opportunity for an to join a growing firm active in the intersection of data, finance, and sustainability. Creative strategic thinking is valued above all else, so come prepared to propose, trial, and execute ideas that can help the company grow to new heights. The teams we are looking to hire for are listed below — if any of the keywords associated with the teams are of interest to you, please get in touch!
We’re seeking individuals for the following teams:
● Data: data visualization, data processing, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, geospatial data
● Strategy and research: voluntary carbon market trends, project financing, role of intermediaries, web3 & carbon markets
● Policy: international law, Paris Agreement Article 6, compliance carbon markets, insurance, property rights
● Business development: lead prospecting, market sizing, marketing, social media, writing
● Working toward a degree in business, environmental sciences, econometrics, or other relevant field
● Passion for sustainability
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Experience in emerging markets is bonus
● Fluency in more than one language is a bonus
● Paid internship position
● Flexible working arrangement
● Considerable autonomy
● Office in central London location
● Regular social events
Diversity & Inclusion Statement 🎉
AlliedOffsets strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where we can ALL be ourselves. No matter the visible or invisible differences, we have long been committed to fostering an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their full potential, be heard and valued.
While diversity and inclusion has long been a business priority, we know we have significant work to do and are accelerating our commitment in our workplace and community. With that said, we particularly encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian, or from a Minority Ethnic background.
To apply, please send your CV and two paragraphs outlining your qualifications and why you’d like to join our team to [email protected].